Sunday, May 27, 2007

More Delays

Well, the anticipation of finding out if our adoption would be underway ended last Thursday when we got an e-mail entitiled "bad news" from our attorney. The hearing never happened, to determine the father's rights, because the judge was sick. I was relieved because after reading "bad news" I thought they let the dad's rights stand. So, after a few seconds of relief and thinking that in the next day or so they would hear the case, I read on and it says " they think it may be about 3 months." So, since the judge was sick, the case wasn't heard and it's back to the back of the line. We are praying for a miracle, because this is SO unfair to Gertrude, to have to wait another 3 months after it has already been 6 months since this whole delay began. I am hoping to hear from the attorney next week that they will make an exception and do it this coming week. I don't know how we'll wait that long, or how she will. I'm just so glad we are getting her in a couple weeks for a visit. It will make the wait easier.

Yesterday, we had her friend and her new adoptive mom over to swim. Christina is good friends with Gertrude. She asked me a couple times if we like Gertrude. I told her we LOVE Gertrude and she got a big smile! I think she is anxious for Gertrude to get here. Christina is doing great so far, she has been here two weeks now. She, Tena, and Bethany (our "almost" daughter from Christian City) got along famously and spent hours in the pool and on the trampoline, and ate about 3 pounds of sugar in ice cream and popsicles!

Anyway, Tena asked me the other day, that if we don't end up getting Gertrude, will she still be able to come visit. She wants her sister so bad, and I think all these delays are causing her to wonder if we'll ever get her. I reassured her that I'm almost positive we will get her, it's just going to take some time. Hopefully it will be soon.

No comments: