Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Talked with Gertrude

Today is the day seven children are coming to Georgia for the Christmas hosting. As you know, we were unable to get Gertrude this time around. I asked her if Kristine and Olegs (her friend from the home) left today for America and she answered "yes" in a really sad voice. When I asked if she was sad she couldn't come, she answered again, a sad "yes." Poor baby! It must be hard to see her friends go, the same ones that came over the summer, and have to stay there. Especially at Christmas. It would be so special for her to be here and I know she would have such a great time.

Still no news. No news is good news?? I don't know! Maybe in Latvia no news is just no news.

Anyway, I have e-mailed with some of the families receiving their kids today. They are SO excited! We are going to get together with Ilga, the chaperone, and will spend some time with Gertrude's friends, Kristine and Olegs. Kristine's hosting parents have a court date on Jan. 29 for their first trip to Latvia to adopt Kristine. They are really happy..they had some delays as well and the whole thing was set back a few months. So, things are finally rolling for them. We pray Kristine will soon be here permanently and that Gertrude won't be too far behind!

3 comments:

mary said...

I am so happy to find your messages about Latvia. I've been thinking of of Latvia, and Moldova also so your comments are so valuable for me. I have some questions if you don't mind. It doesn't seem that you are using an agency. How did you get so well informed about what to do next? What city or orphanage is your Gertrude at? Your process seems so smooth that I wonder if that's where I should go. Oh, how did you find your lawyer there? I appreciate any response you can send. Merry Christmas to your family. Mary

Murphy4 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Murphy4 said...

Mary, I am so sorry, I just now saw your comment. I realize it is many months later. We are doing an independent adoption (no agency). We have several friends who also have hosted children from Latvia that have already adopted or are in the process so we get our help from them. We also use the attorney some of our friends recommended. Adoption from Latvia is relatively fast if it's an older child and there are no problems. If you would like to correspond more, please e-mail me at:
realworld@safe-mail.net

Thanks, and again I'm sorry I hadn't gotten back with you.