Sunday, September 24, 2006

A Better Talk

Today we talked with Gertrude and she answered the phone much more animated and she also asked "what're you doing?" to me and to Tena when she answered. I am wondering if she might know that things are moving along for her adoption. I'm sure it seems very surreal while they are living day to day in the orphanage, and have seen other kids leave and be adopted but never them. We talked about what sports she is involved in at school and how the weather is in Latvia, and if it dark all the time there yet. We all talk to her over Skype, an internet phone service which costs us 15 cents per minute to talk to Latvia. We speak through a microphone and hear Gertrude through the speakers, so we can all talk and listen together. I am thinking of having a friend's Latvian son come over one day and just tell her some of the things we want to say to her (for example, when we get our court date, that we are coming and she will be staying with us) and such. I may have to pay a small translating fee but I think it would be worth it! Everytime we talk to her we miss her more and can't wait to go on this trip, and especially can't wait till this process is over and she's home. It's amazing how we can love a child so much that we only had for one month, but that just tells me this is God's plan and meant to be.

No comments: